The ACE Women’s Network is a national system of networks within each state, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia with the goal of advancing and supporting women in higher education.
Each state network is led by a state chair who works with institutional representatives and at least one presidential sponsor to develop programs that identify, develop, encourage, advance, link, and support (IDEALS) women in higher education careers within that state. The FIU Chapter of the ACE Women's Network of Florida was officially launched in Fall 2019.
The ACE Women’s Network of Florida, FIU Chapter encourages women to develop their leadership beyond the common frameworks from which university leadership and professional advancement are understood. Using a holistic approach, we seek to:
- Create more just, equitable university environments for ourselves and for our students.
- Broaden the scope of possibilities for effective solutions to the challenges we face.
- Build supportive communities of women
- Demystify the pathways to promotion that lead to rewarding careers in the academy.
- Develop the innovative potential of our collective.
- Lead with integrity.
IDEALS Core Principles
Using the IDEALS Core Principles of the national ACE Women’s Network, the ACE Women’s Network of Florida will:
- Identify women leaders in higher education through extensive networks.
- Develop women’s leadership abilities through professional and leadership development programs and activities.
- Encourage women to use those abilities.
- Advance women into senior-level leadership positions by nominating them and working with search firms on placement.
- Link women leaders to one another.
- Support the tenure of mid- and senior-level women administrators and presidents throughout their careers.
|Name||Title||Role on Committee|
|Elizabeth Bejar||Senior VP for Academic and Student Affairs and ACE Women’s Network of Florida, Exec Board member||Advisory|
|Alexandra Cornelius||Associate Chair, History, SIPA||Member|
|Karlene Cousins||Chair, Info Systems and Business Analytics, COB||Member|
|Stephanie Doscher||Director, Office of Global Learning Initiatives||Member|
|Kimberly Harrison||Director, Writing & Rhetoric Program and WAC||Member|
|Rosa Jones||Vice President, Student Affairs (Emerita)||Honorary Board Member|
|Moira Lertora||Asst Director, Student Support and Multicultural Programs/Services||Member|
|Ana Luszczynska||Chair, English Department, CASE||Member|
|Yselande Pierre||Asst. Director, Student Programming, BBC||Member|
|Suzanna Rose||Assoc. Provost, Office to Advance Women, Equity, Diversity||Member|
|Heather Russell||Senior Assoc. Dean, Sch Environ, Arts, Soc (SEAS)||Institutional Representative|
ResourcesACE Women’s Network Official Site
ACE Women’s Network National Directory
FIU launches ACE Women's Network chapter, hosts first Women's Empowerment Summit